- RBA governor Philip Lowe warns lower corporate tax rates must not increase deficit16-02-2018 02:35
Global trend to cut company tax can't be ignored, but RBA governor Philip Lowe says the issue is very problematic for Australia.
- Harding-Davis becomes Premium China CEO16-02-2018 01:57
Funds managementFormer Premium Wealth Management chief executive, Paul Harding-Davis has been appointed to the newly-created rol
- Centuria’s 1H18 results helped by acquisitions16-02-2018 01:07
Funds managementCenturia has said that its 1H18 results have been helped by the large property fund platform acquisition made in January, 2017.
- Legg Mason funds added to Praemium16-02-2018 01:05
Funds managementLegg Mason has announced that its 10 managed funds have been added to the Praemium SMA.
- Hedge funds outperform stocks and bonds16-02-2018 01:03
Funds managementHedge funds have outperformed equities or bonds over both the short and long term, according to the joint research by AIMA and Preqin.
- SMSF Association Speech by James O'Halloran 201816-02-2018 00:00
Speech to the SMSF Association National Conference – 2018 presented by James O'Halloran.
- ASIC criticises quality of audits performed by the big six firms15-02-2018 23:10
Mores inspections, surveillance and enforcement action — that's how ASIC intends to lift the quality of auditing in Australia.
- Medibank Private interim profit up 6pc to $246 million15-02-2018 22:41
Medibank Private pushes up its profit despite falling investment income and starts a rewards program for long-term customers to stem the flow of policy cancellations.
- SMSF news alert: Guidance for SMSFs about transitional capital gains tax (CGT) relief15-02-2018 00:00
Further information about transitional capital gains tax (CGT) relief for self-managed super funds (SMSFs) trustees and professionals relief is now available on our website.
- Agent payouts to shift stock14-06-2016 14:00
Agents are being offered double the normal commission to help shift apartments throughout capital cities.
- Chinese airlines eye Qantas14-06-2016 14:00
It could be a matter of time before a Chinese airline tries to buy a strategic stake in Qantas.
- Three in race for port sale14-06-2016 14:00
The auction for the Port of Melbourne has come down to a three-way race with bidders lodging indicative bids.
- ‘ALP’s NBN needs extra $10bn’14-06-2016 14:00
Labor’s NBN policy could require a further $10 billion in taxpayer funding, says a telecommunications analyst.
- ATO statement on corporate tax14-02-2018 00:00
Australia has one of the strongest corporate tax systems in the world. We have one of the strongest compliance programs which, on any measure, is as good as anywhere in the world.
- Lodging your general purpose financial statement14-02-2018 00:00
General purpose financial statements (GPFS) for January lodgers are due 4 April. Lodge your GPFS statement through the Business Portal following these easy steps.
Office Administrator/SMSF/Corporate Secretarial
Linda has been working in the taxation and accounting services for 14 years. She has specialised in SMSF’s throughout this time and more recently expanded to include Corporate Secretarial services within Somerville Advisory Group.