- 2 weeks till Single Touch Payroll deadline17-09-2019 00:00
Small employers (with 19 or less employees) need to move to Single Touch Payroll (STP) by 30 September.
- Global markets fall on surging oil prices, ASX to drop16-09-2019 21:37
Australian shares are likely to open modestly lower as surging oil prices, and the prospect of higher petrol prices, continue to put a dent in market sentiment.
- Value and volume of agriculture takes a hit as drought and trade wars escalate16-09-2019 20:16
ABARES forecasts the value of Australia's agricultural production to fall to $59 billion this year, little more than half of the sector's $100m target for 2030.
- Australia's highest paid CEO takes home 275 times the full-time average wage16-09-2019 14:06
Qantas CEO Alan Joyce has topped the list of Australia's highest-paid chief executives, taking home more than 275 times the full-time average wage.
- 'Slavery in modern Australia': Sacked Uber Eats worker's case challenges gig economy16-09-2019 08:33
A delivery driver suing Uber Eats for underpayment and unfair dismissal has found support from the union movement, which says it is time to treat gig workers as employees.
- Guide to Future of Wealth Management 201916-09-2019 06:13
GuidesIn the wake of the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Indust
- Mounting signs the global economic expansion is losing momentum16-09-2019 05:11
- Meeting the needs of tomorrow’s client16-09-2019 04:08
- Consultation on the proposed expansion of the estimates regime to counter illegal phoenix behaviour16-09-2019 00:00
Provide your feedback on our draft Practical Compliance Guideline (PCG) on the extension of the estimates regime to goods and services tax (GST), luxury car tax (LCT) and wine equalisation Tax (WET).
- Electronic service address16-09-2019 00:00
To receive SuperStream data your SMSF needs to provide your employer with its bank details and an electronic service address (alias), which you can get from an SMSF messaging provider.
- GST on sales of Australian accommodation by offshore sellers16-09-2019 00:00
Offshore sellers of Australian commercial accommodation need to register for Australian goods and services tax (GST).
- Lifespan donates $10k to AIOFP’s fund against grandfathered commissions ban15-09-2019 22:33
Financial planningThe advice network has said the grandfathered commissions are a legitimate form of income and the ban would increase the cost of advice.
- Agent payouts to shift stock14-06-2016 14:00
Agents are being offered double the normal commission to help shift apartments throughout capital cities.
- Chinese airlines eye Qantas14-06-2016 14:00
It could be a matter of time before a Chinese airline tries to buy a strategic stake in Qantas.
- Three in race for port sale14-06-2016 14:00
The auction for the Port of Melbourne has come down to a three-way race with bidders lodging indicative bids.
Sean is the founding director of Somerville Advisory Group which includes the Accounting, Corporate, Equity & International divisions. Somerville offers its clients a comprehensive suite of accounting, taxation and corporate services for a broad range of clients, form high net worth individuals through to multi-million dollar corporations and ASX Listed Companies