- Inside the 'ultra-competitive' sales culture of an insurer grilled by the banking royal commission24-09-2018 07:04
Massive commissions encouraged unscrupulous tactics, according to an ex-employee of Freedom Insurance, which came under fire at the banking royal commission.
- DomaCom-supported Federal Court matter ends24-09-2018 02:20
Funds managementProceedings supported by DomaCom in the Federal Court against the Australian Taxation Office regarding the interpretation of superannuation regulations have drawn to a close.
- AUSTRAC warns about new money laundering threats24-09-2018 01:20
Superannuation, stored value travel cards and cryptocurrencies are increasingly being used for money laundering by sophisticated criminals, Australia's financial intelligence agency warns.
- Could the struggling retail sector be the banks' next big problem? The RBA thinks so24-09-2018 00:35
High profile failures across the retail sector are mounting. An RBA research paper argues the banks' exposure to retail property investments could threaten financial stability if things get worse.
- SMSF asset allocation changed by new laws, market conditions24-09-2018 00:11
SuperannuationAsset allocation by SMSFs across fiscal 2018 has revealed the impact of new laws and market conditions on fund trustees’ strategies, a survey by SuperConcepts has shown.
- Administration issues under the transfer balance cap24-09-2018 00:00
Acting Assistant Commissioner Tara McLachlan discussed administration issues under the transfer balance cap as part of an expert panel at the Tax Institute’s National Superannuation Conference.
- Advice under development - income tax issues24-09-2018 00:00
We are developing advice and guidance on the following income tax issues.
- Advice under development - international issues24-09-2018 00:00
We are developing advice and guidance on the following international issues.
- Avoid five common GST reporting errors24-09-2018 00:00
With some simple checks, you can help your clients avoid the top five errors made when reporting GST.
- Australian cash invested in underperforming funds23-09-2018 23:56
Funds managementAustralian cash totalling $414 billion is invested in underperforming funds, according to research by digital wealth provider InvestSMART.
- ABC sacks MD Michelle Guthrie halfway through term23-09-2018 23:55
ABC managing director Michelle Guthrie is "devastated" after being sacked just two-and-a-half years into her five-year term, with chairman Justin Milne saying "her leadership style was not the style that we needed going forward".
- Firetrail set to launch LIC23-09-2018 22:35
Funds managementInvestment management boutique Firetrail has launched its new listed investment company, Firetrail Absolute Return Limited.
- Agent payouts to shift stock14-06-2016 14:00
Agents are being offered double the normal commission to help shift apartments throughout capital cities.
- Chinese airlines eye Qantas14-06-2016 14:00
It could be a matter of time before a Chinese airline tries to buy a strategic stake in Qantas.
- Three in race for port sale14-06-2016 14:00
The auction for the Port of Melbourne has come down to a three-way race with bidders lodging indicative bids.
Office Administrator/SMSF/Corporate Secretarial
Linda has been working in the taxation and accounting services for 14 years. She has specialised in SMSF’s throughout this time and more recently expanded to include Corporate Secretarial services within Somerville Advisory Group.