- ATO hunts hidden income from Uber, Airbnb and other gig economy workers23-01-2019 04:43
The Federal Government is on the hunt for revenue lost due to potential underreporting of income or outright tax avoidance by individuals earning money from sharing economy services.
- Adelaide planner permanently banned23-01-2019 02:19
Financial planningAn Adelaide-based financial adviser has been permanently banned following an Australian Securities and I
- Police notified after claims computers removed from Bestjet headquarters23-01-2019 01:59
An explosive report by the administrators of the failed online booking portal reveals equipment that would have helped them pick up the pieces was removed from the company's Brisbane headquarters.
- Afterpay, Zip under fire for seducing young people into debts they can't afford23-01-2019 01:55
The banking royal commission shone a spotlight on how credit cards and loans put Australians into financial difficulty, but a Senate inquiry is hearing how the rapidly growing 'buy now, pay later' sector is doing the same to many young people.
- Are the political elites at Davos solving problems or fuelling them?23-01-2019 01:00
The world's richest and most powerful people are gathered in Switzerland to tackle pressing global issues, but analysts say the model over which they preside is fuelling populism and increasing inequality.
- SI driving shift in wealth creation philosophy23-01-2019 00:49
Expert AnalysisAs the initial gloss wears off sustainable investing, Masja Zandbergen writes that it’s prudent to maintain a watching brief on potential issues and respond accordingly.
- Four themes for high net worth investors in 201923-01-2019 00:40
Expert AnalysisPeter Moussa writes that high net worth investors are thinking about volatility, diversity, and defensive and deep valuation sectors as the new year gets underway.
- CRT Alert 006/2019 - Remittance run change23-01-2019 00:00
CRT alert letting funds know the SHSsa remittance run has been cancelled.
- Low-cost Single Touch Payroll solutions23-01-2019 00:00
A range of low-cost Single Touch Payroll solutions is expected to be available from early 2019. This is a list of the companies who intend to develop these solutions. We will update this list in December 2018.
- Newsroom feed anyone?23-01-2019 00:00
Small business news delivered straight to you.
- Copia hires general manager, marketing22-01-2019 21:35
People & ProductsCopia Investment Partners has hired Anthony Pesutto has general manager, marketing in its Melbourne office.
- Additional tax on concessional contributions (Division 293) notices22-01-2019 00:00
Keep an eye out for more Additional tax on concessional contributions (Division 293) notices for 2017-18 assessments for your clients. Some of your clients may receive this notice for the first time.
- Agent payouts to shift stock14-06-2016 14:00
Agents are being offered double the normal commission to help shift apartments throughout capital cities.
- Chinese airlines eye Qantas14-06-2016 14:00
It could be a matter of time before a Chinese airline tries to buy a strategic stake in Qantas.
- Three in race for port sale14-06-2016 14:00
The auction for the Port of Melbourne has come down to a three-way race with bidders lodging indicative bids.
Office Administrator/SMSF/Corporate Secretarial
Linda has been working in the taxation and accounting services for 14 years. She has specialised in SMSF’s throughout this time and more recently expanded to include Corporate Secretarial services within Somerville Advisory Group.