- Analysis: Markets delicately poised but still holding firm against mounting risks20-10-2018 19:22
Global markets were caught in the doldrums last week, but that may not be a bad outcome given the current financial storm warnings.
- China's economy slows to levels not seen since the GFC19-10-2018 03:58
China's GDP growth slows to 6.5 per cent as authorities launch a range of stimulus measures to head-off an even sharper decline.
- Financial services take to the stand19-10-2018 00:40
FeaturesIn a year in which few sectors of financial services have avoided the eagle eye of Commissioner Kenneth Hayne and his counsels assisting, Hannah Wootton investigates what the Royal Commission could mean for the industry’s legal landscape.
- TH Real Estate expands CRE team19-10-2018 00:40
People & ProductsTH Real Estate has announced the appointment of Nicholas Lim as its new analyst, debt strategies, in Australia.
- WAM declares takeover offer free of defeating conditions19-10-2018 00:31
Funds managementWealth Defender’s independent directors have recommended shareholders accept WAM Capital’s takeover offer, free of defeating conditions.
- Diversification: the best defence against a falling Aussie19-10-2018 00:26
FeaturesWith the Aussie dollar having come under recent pressure, investors will find the best defence may lie in diversification, Nicholas Grove writes.
- ATO consultation arrangements report19-10-2018 00:00
Monthly report on ATO consultation arrangements for September 2018.
- Depreciating assets19-10-2018 00:00
There are special rules for working out the decline in value of water facilities, horticultural plants and grapevines planted before 1 October 2004.
- Open consultation19-10-2018 00:00
You can participate in our open consultation. We encourage you to have your say.
- Risk review and audit processes19-10-2018 00:00
Generally, when we identify a compliance risk we will review your tax affairs. This may result in an audit if we identify areas of concern requiring closer examination.
- NAB boss finds banking royal commission revelations 'confronting and upsetting'18-10-2018 22:15
Andrew Thorburn admits that the banking sector's focus had moved away from customers, leaving it vulnerable to a conclusion it put profits before people.
- Fairfax-Nine merger will go ahead despite share price slump: Nine CEO18-10-2018 09:38
Nine chief executive Hugh Marks dismisses speculation that his company's takeover of Fairfax is close to falling apart because there is no longer a price premium for the target's shareholders.
- Agent payouts to shift stock14-06-2016 14:00
Agents are being offered double the normal commission to help shift apartments throughout capital cities.
- Chinese airlines eye Qantas14-06-2016 14:00
It could be a matter of time before a Chinese airline tries to buy a strategic stake in Qantas.
- Three in race for port sale14-06-2016 14:00
The auction for the Port of Melbourne has come down to a three-way race with bidders lodging indicative bids.
Sean is the founding director of Somerville Advisory Group which includes the Accounting, Corporate, Equity & International divisions. Somerville offers its clients a comprehensive suite of accounting, taxation and corporate services for a broad range of clients, form high net worth individuals through to multi-million dollar corporations and ASX Listed Companies