- Cyber attacks are on the rise — and the biggest problem is you19-02-2019 19:09
The most damaging hacks on a corporation or agency that leaves customers and clients vulnerable to theft starts with an inadvertent opening of an innocuous-looking email.
- Remember Dollarmites? Now teachers want big banks out of their schools19-02-2019 19:09
Teachers are calling for big banks to be kicked out of school, saying programs like the Commonwealth Bank's Dollarmites are a way to market banking products to children and do nothing to help them become financially literate.
- BHP's half-year profit drops 8 per cent to $5.66b19-02-2019 06:47
Mining giant BHP's half-year earnings are hurt by operational issues including the forced derailment of a runaway iron ore train.
- ASIC eyeing criminal prosecutions after royal commission19-02-2019 06:35
The corporate watchdog is contemplating more than 40 court cases — including criminal prosecutions — in the wake of the banking royal commission as it adopts a litigate-first strategy.
- ASIC intends to fully implement RC recommendations19-02-2019 04:05
Financial planningThe Australian Securities and Investments Commission has signalled its intention to fully implement Commissioner Hayne’s 12 recommendations to the regulator.
- OpenInvest hires BDM, marketing manager19-02-2019 01:06
People & ProductsOnline marketplace for self-directed investors, OpenInvest, has hired a business development manager and a marketing manager.
- Natixis IM makes ESG-focused appointment19-02-2019 01:05
People & ProductsNatixis Investment Managers has appointed a head of corporate social responsibility and environmental, social and governance.
- Changes to when the Notice of compliance issues19-02-2019 00:00
From early March 2019, newly registered SMSFs will show as 'Complying' on Super Fund Lookup (SFLU) shortly after registration.
- Lodgment deferral tips19-02-2019 00:00
Follow these tips to ensure deferral requests for your clients are processed without delay.
- News and alerts19-02-2019 00:00
Keep up to date with the latest news for SMSF trustees and professionals. Be the first to know by subscribing to the super area of our website and to our email newsletter.
- SRF711.0 quarterly report19-02-2019 00:00
SuperStream Benchmarking Report quarterly report: Status and trends in contributions processing by superannuation entities (1 July 2018 – 30 September 2018).
- Accountant enters ASIC EU over SMSF advice18-02-2019 23:02
SMSFAn accountant involved in the establishment of self-managed superannuation funds (SMSFs) has entered int
- Agent payouts to shift stock14-06-2016 14:00
Agents are being offered double the normal commission to help shift apartments throughout capital cities.
- Chinese airlines eye Qantas14-06-2016 14:00
It could be a matter of time before a Chinese airline tries to buy a strategic stake in Qantas.
- Three in race for port sale14-06-2016 14:00
The auction for the Port of Melbourne has come down to a three-way race with bidders lodging indicative bids.
Sean is the founding director of Somerville Advisory Group which includes the Accounting, Corporate, Equity & International divisions. Somerville offers its clients a comprehensive suite of accounting, taxation and corporate services for a broad range of clients, form high net worth individuals through to multi-million dollar corporations and ASX Listed Companies