- Suspended ANZ adviser allowed to keep working, clients not refunded for years20-04-2018 08:28
ANZ may have to dig deeper than the $756,000 provision it set aside to refund clients of an adviser who failed numerous audits and continued to sell high risk products after he was suspended, with the head of ANZ's RI Advice group (pictured) saying it "was a mistake".
- Is your super balance looking a little low? Your most recent payment may have been delayed20-04-2018 07:24
Tens of thousands of small business employees across Australia have had their superannuation payments delayed for several weeks because of a glitch with a new Australian Taxation Office transfer system.
- Whiteley departs having made his mark20-04-2018 04:03
FeaturesMike Taylor writes that, love him or hate him, it is hard to argue that departing Industry Super Australia chief executive, David Whiteley, did not achieve the objectives of the industry super funds.
- Why low interest rates aren’t always a boon for consumers20-04-2018 03:51
Expert AnalysisEvan Tsipas writes that, despite myths to the contrary, rising interest rates can benefit many consumers if they position themselves appropriately to financially capitalise on any changes.
- Geopolitics won’t sink the buoyant economy20-04-2018 03:22
Funds managementDespite rising geopolitical tensions and talks of trade war between the US and China, Fidelity’s chief investment officer, Paras Anand, says the economy is still buoyant.
- REIT sector hit by higher bond yields20-04-2018 03:15
Funds managementThe Australian real estate investment trust sector underperformed its global peers during the first quarter, according to Principal Global Investors.
- Unwinding commissions for advisers 'complicated', Westpac boss tells royal commission20-04-2018 01:35
Westpac's head of financial advice tells the banking royal commission it would be difficult to unwind the inherent conflict between sales and advice because the first bank to do it would be at significant disadvantage.
- 2018 completed issues20-04-2018 00:00
This page will display a list of completed public advice and guidance issues for the 2018 year.
- Consultation on public documents20-04-2018 00:00
Details of public documents currently subject to, or planned to undergo consultation.
- Discussion paper on duplicated accounts included in Total superannuation balance20-04-2018 00:00
There's currently a known issue where an individual’s Total superannuation balance (TSB) has duplicated accounts. We are seeking feedback on a discussion paper hosted on Let's Talk.
- SMSF leadership change20-04-2018 00:00
After three years leading our Self-managed super funds (SMSF) stream, Assistant Commissioner Kasey MacFarlane has moved to our Private Groups and High Wealth Individuals area. In this article, Kasey discusses the changes she has seen in the SMSF sector during her time.
- AMP boss Meller quits after scandals revealed at royal commission19-04-2018 22:29
AMP's chief executive officer Craig Meller quits his job with immediate effect, becoming the first senior executive to lose his job as a result of the banking royal commission.
- Agent payouts to shift stock14-06-2016 14:00
Agents are being offered double the normal commission to help shift apartments throughout capital cities.
- Chinese airlines eye Qantas14-06-2016 14:00
It could be a matter of time before a Chinese airline tries to buy a strategic stake in Qantas.
- Three in race for port sale14-06-2016 14:00
The auction for the Port of Melbourne has come down to a three-way race with bidders lodging indicative bids.
Sean is the founding director of Somerville Advisory Group which includes the Accounting, Corporate, Equity & International divisions. Somerville offers its clients a comprehensive suite of accounting, taxation and corporate services for a broad range of clients, form high net worth individuals through to multi-million dollar corporations and ASX Listed Companies